Speakers Announced for Owner Seminar at Sam Houston February 17
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association is hosting an Owner Seminar Saturday, February 17 at Sam Houston Race Park in Houston, Texas. The daylong seminar will be held on Texas Preview Day with five stakes for Texas-breds. Attendees will learn insights on different aspects of Thoroughbred ownership including bloodstock, pedigree, and conformation analysis from industry professionals as well as enjoy a day at the races. The Owner Seminar is sponsored by FLAIR® Equine Nasal Strips, and the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation.
The topics and speakers at the clinic include:
• Thoroughbred Horse Racing Partnerships, presented by Corey Johnson (CJ Thoroughbreds, President)
• Horse Selection/Conformation/Pedigree, presented by Cash Asmussen (Cashmark Farm, Owner)
• Role of the Veterinarian at Public Auction, presented by David Stephens, DVM, DABVP (Weems & Stephens Equine Hospital, Owner)
• Barn Tour of Multiple Leading and Stakes Winning Trainer Danny Pish, hosted by Danny Pish (Sam Houston and Texas based Thoroughbred Trainer)
• Bloodstock and Racing Manager Roles and Responsibilities, presented by John Adger (previously served as Bloodstock and Racing Manager of Bob and Janice McNairs’ Stonerside Stable)
The TOBA Owner Seminar is aimed towards all levels of experience – from beginners to knowledgeable owners looking to continue their education. The clinic is open to the general public, with a special discount for TOBA members. Meals, educational materials, and a TOBA gift bag are included in registration.
Registration is available online, until Friday, February 16, at: toba.memberclicks.net/seminars-clinics. Questions about the clinics and seminars may be directed to Barkley N. Porter at email@example.com or (859) 276-6793.
The Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association (TOBA), based in Lexington, Ky., was formed in 1961 and is a national trade organization of leading Thoroughbred owners and breeders. TOBA’s mission is to improve the economics, integrity, and pleasure of the sport on behalf of Thoroughbred owners and breeders. Projects managed by TOBA include the American Graded Stakes Committee, Claiming Crown, Ownership Seminars, Breeding, Conformation & Pedigree Clinics, US-Bred, TOBA Owners Concierge, OwnerView and the Sales Integrity Program. TOBA provides international representation for U.S. owners and breeders on the International Grading and Race Planning Advisory Committee, International Cataloguing Standards Committee, and International Thoroughbred Breeders Federation. Thoroughbred Charities of America (TCA) is the charitable arm of TOBA. TOBA Media Properties, a subsidiary of TOBA, is the co-owner of BloodHorse LLC. TOBA is represented on the board of directors of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium as founding members.