COVID-19 Information, Protocols and Procedures
Sam Houston Race Park reopens with live Thoroughbred horse racing on Friday, January 8th, and is sharing this important information regarding COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures which are in place until further notice:
Modification to Health & Safety Policy
Effective March 10, 2021
Governor Abbott has issued an Executive Order stating that, effective Wednesday, March 10, 2021, no person shall be required by any governmental jurisdiction in Texas to wear a face covering, although individuals are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth whenever it is not feasible to maintain appropriate social distancing.
Therefore effective Wednesday, March 10, 2021, Sam Houston Race Park shall modify its COVID-19 Health & Safety Policy as follows:
"Customers, guests and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear face
coverings over the nose and mouth while on Sam Houston Race Park property, but are not required to do so."
For those customers who are more comfortable in an environment where face coverings are required, the southern portion of the first floor beyond the curtain walls shall be an area where face coverings are required to be worn by all individuals until further notice, during both live racing and simulcast only periods.
Throughout the facility, all other Health and Safety Policies shall remain in full force and effect including:
- All employees, vendors and contractors must wear face coverings over the nose and mouth while on Sam Houston Race Park property.
- No one should enter Sam Houston Race Park who is feeling ill or showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or who has had direct exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Temperature checks will still be taken at all entrances.
- The South Entrance and Valet Parking will remain closed.
- Everyone should continue to strive to maintain six (6) feet of distance from any individual not from the same household.
- Furniture in all areas, which has been carefully set to provide appropriate distancing, should not be moved.
- Hand Sanitizing stations will be conveniently located in all areas.
- Frequent washing of hands with soapy water is highly recommended.
- Everyone should practice appropriate coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Capacity restrictions in the Winner's Circle Restaurant, the Jockey Club and Reserved Seating areas shall continue without change.
- Protocols in the Barn Area and Jockey's Quarters shall continue without change.
Sam Houston Race Park appreciates everyone's cooperation in following these policies as we continue to protect our guests, visitors and employees during these challenging times. We will continue to monitor guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health agencies, and these policies may be modified from time to time in the future.
SAM HOUSTON RACE PARK LTD.
7575 North Sam Houston Parkway West, Houston, TX, 77064 • 281.807.8700 ° shrp.com