News and Media
SAM HOUSTON RACE PARK & SILVER OAKS TRAILS “LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON” IN SUPPORT OF
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2008
Event Encourages Neighborhood Participation, Police & Fire Department Safety Demos, Free Children’s ID Kits and More!
Sam Houston Race Park (www.shrp.com) and neighboring residential area Silver Oaks Trails will partner with local community law enforcement and businesses to support National Night Out on Tuesday, October 7, 2008 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The theme of the evening, “Leave the Lights On,” encourages communities to meet their neighbors and support local anti-crime and drug programs within the community.
The Park, along with Harris County Sheriff’s Office, Deputy David Hilborn 41D25, Cypress Creek Fire Department, Target, 24 Hour Fitness, Faith Assembly Church and the Silver Oaks Trails Home Owners Association, will gather for an evening of family activities in support of the national event. Activities include:
PHOTO OPPORTUNITY, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
· Interviews with Silver Oaks Trails residents & Home Owners Association board members;
· Safety demonstrations from police & fire departments;
· Anti-crime & drug prevention information;
· Health & fitness information for kids and families;
· Children’s activities, games, moon bounce and hayride;
· Performance from the Faith Assembly Christian youth rap group;
· Free children’s ID kits and more!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 7, 2008
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
WHERE: Silver Oaks Trails Community Center
10210 Heaven Leigh Trail
Houston, Texas 77064
CONTACT: Mandy Love, Sam Houston Race Park, 972-983-1411 cell.
Our conveniently located, multi-functional facility can comfortably accommodate 10 to 10,000 for business, pleasure or a combination of the two!
Find out how to book a group party.