News and Media
2011 Emirates Airlines Thoroughbred Handicapping Championship at SHRP
Click here to download the
--- RESULTS ROUND FOUR---
--- RESULTS ROUND THREE---
--- RESULTS ROUND TWO---
--- RESULTS ROUND ONE ---
Qualifying Rounds Saturday August 27 and September 3, 10 and 17
Championship Round Saturday September 24
Breeders Cup Tickets and $50 to the Winner of each Qualifying Round
VIP Breeders Cup Tickets, $400 and a Trophy to the Winner of the Championship Round
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND CONDITIONS
The 2011 Emirates Airlines Thoroughbred Handicapping Contest at SHRP (the “Contest”) will be held on Saturday August 27 and on Saturday September 3, 10 and 17. The first four rounds are Qualifying Rounds. Three persons from each Qualifying Round will advance to the Championship Round on September 24. The contest format for each Qualifying Round and for the Championship Round will be a mythical $2 win and place wager on each of 10 designated Contest Races from one or more race tracks. Any races on an applicable day which are part of the Breeders Cup Challenge will be automatically be included as Contest Races.
The person with the highest mythical winnings in each Qualifying Round will win $50 and be designated as the SHRP Thoroughbred Handicapper of the Week. That person each week will also win two grandstand reserved tickets to the Breeders Cup to be held at Churchill Downs on November 4 and 5, 2011.
In addition, the three persons with the highest mythical winnings in each Qualifying Round who have not previously qualified will qualify to advance to the Championship Round.
Accordingly, a contestant may win multiple Qualifying Rounds and the prizes for those weeks, but there would not be any double qualifying for the Championship Round.
Finally, the three qualifiers each week will have their pictures on view in the display case at the Players Lounge Desk and on a section of SHRP’s web site which will be devoted to the Contest (“the “Contest Web Page”).
Twelve persons will advance to the Championship Round. The person with the highest mythical winnings in the Championship Round will be declared the 2011 SHRP Thoroughbred Handicapping Champion and will receive $400 in prize money, a Championship Trophy and four VIP tickets to the Breeders Cup. (If that person previously won a qualifying round, the two grandstands reserved Breeders Cup tickets will be awarded to the highest finisher in the Championship Round who did previously win tickets.)
ADDITIONAL RULES AND CONDITIIONS
1. Any patron 21 years or older can register for the Contest. There is no entry fee and there are no purchases required.
2. The Contest Races for each Qualifying Round and the applicable entry form will be available at the Players Lounge Desk and posted on the Contest Web Page approximately 48 hours in advance. Entry forms must be deposited at the designated collection points at the north first floor entrance, the paddock door entrance or at such other points as may be designated.
3. Each contestant may enter only one time per Qualifying Round. Contestants with duplicate entries or more than one entry on any given Qualifying Round will be disqualified for that day. All fields on the entry form must be completed for an entry to be eligible. Contestants not filling in the entry form completely for a given Qualifying Round may be disqualified for that day.
4. Only those persons who have qualified for the Championship Round may participate in it. Certain of the procedural rules and conditions covered in paragraphs 2 and 3 above may be modified for the Championship Round. The persons who have qualified for the Championship round will be notified of any such modifications in a timely manner.
5. If there is a tie for any of the first three positions in a Qualifying Round, then the winner for that position will be the person with the with the highest paying mythical win and place wager. If there is a still a tie for the position in question, then the person with highest number of correct win selections for the applicable Round will prevail. If there still a tie, then there will a drawing to resolve the tie. If there is a tie for first place in the Championship Round, then there will be a sudden death playoff with additional Contest Races being designated until there is a winner.
6. If a horse is scratched following the contestant’s submission of an entry form, then the horse named by the contestant as his or her alternate selection will be used. If both horses are scratched, then the post time favorite will be used.
7. If any Contest Race is cancelled, then that race will be excluded from the Contest, and the Contest will proceed as if that race had never been designated as a Contest Race.
8. Employees (including persons employed by on site contractors) of Sam Houston Race Park, MAXXAM Corporation, Penn National Gaming Inc., or any of their affiliates, and the immediate family members of any such employees MAY NOT ENTER the Contest. Immediate family include but is not limited to any relative residing at the same residence of the employee.
9. ALL INTERPRETATIONS OF THESE RULES AND CONDITIONS AND ALL QUESTIONS
NOT COVERED IN THESE RULES WILL BE DECIDED BY THE MANAGEMENT OF SAM HOUSTON RACE PARK WHOSE DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND WITHOUT ANY CLAIM FOR DAMAGES OR RECOURSE OF ANY KIND. AMONG OTHER THINGS, SAM HOUSTON RACE PARK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DECLARE THE CONTEST NULL AND VOID AND TO WITHOLD ALL PRIZES IF THERE ARE ANY IRREGULARITIES OR UNFORSEEN PROBLEMS.
10. By entering the Contest, each contestant consents without limitations and without receiving additional compensation to the use of his or her photograph, broadcast testimonial, and/or likeness for advertising purposes by Sam Houston Race Park and its brokers or advertising agencies.