FLORIDA TWO STEP
GULFSTREAM AND TAMPA BAY BOTH OPEN
CLAIMING CROWN DAY AT GULFSTREAM
GREYHOUND HANDICAPPING CONTEST CONTINUES
COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
TEXANS VS. TITANS ON SUNDAY
PREVIEW OF KENTUCKY DERBY PREP RACES
Saturday is opening Day at both Gulfstream and Tampa Bay. Post time at Gulfstream is 11:45AM. The first race at Tampa Bay goes at 11:25am.
Saturday is also Claiming Crown Day at Gulfstream. Large competitive fields in this $850,000 event will provide handicapping challenges and opportunities for value. This is the 14th edition of the Claiming Crown. Gulfstream is hosting it for the first time. Click here for details. Gulfstream will also offer a new 10 cent Pick 7 with a mandatory payout.
On Saturday, SHRP will carry all conference championship games including Alabama vs. Georgia (SEC) and Nebraska vs. Wisconsin (Big Ten) as well as key Big Twelve games featuring Oklahoma vs. TCU and Texas vs. Kansas State.
SHRP also carries all NFL games. The Thursday night game this week is New Orleans vs. Atlanta. On Sunday, the Texans continue their playoff drive at noon vs. Tennessee.
For the Thursday night games, there is $1 draft beer and $1 hot dogs from 6:00PM to 9:00PM.
On Sunday there is $1 draft beer and 50 cent wings from noon to 3:00PM.
And of course, 50 cent beer and $1.50 wine continue every Friday from 6:00PM to 9:00PM.
FRIDAY NOV. 30 RACING HIGHLIGHTS
$100,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (GIII) from Calder
$100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (GIII) from Calder
SATURDAY DEC. 1 RACING HIGHLIGHTS
Claiming Crown Day from Gulfstream Park
$250,000 Native Diver Stakes (GIII) from Betfair Hollywood Park
$125,000 Pat Whitworth Illinois Debutante from Hawthorne
$100,000 Jennings Handicap from Laurel Park
$100,000 Marylander Stakes from Laurel Park
$150,000 Display Stakes from Laurel Park
$150,000 Zia Park Derby from Zia Park
SUNDAY DEC. 2 RACING HIGHLIGHTS
$100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (GIII) from Hollywood
$125,000 Kingarvie Stakes from Woodbine
$125,000 Sir Barton Stakes from Woodbine
$200,000 Zia Park Distance Championship Handicap
$120,000 New Mexico Eddy County Stakes from Zia Park
CLICK HERE FOR A DAILY SIMULCAST SCHEDULE
GREYHOUND CONTEST CONTINUES
Congratulations to Alphonso Fulton who won $100 and the second preliminary round of the $2,000 Houston Greyhound Handicapping Contest. Congratulations also to Darrell Benson, Reza Daneshvar and Bill Schutzenhofer who finished second, third and fourth. All four of these contestants now advance to the Championship Round on Saturday December 15. In the Championship Round, 16 people will compete for $1600 in prize money including $1000 for first place.
The third preliminary round is this Saturday and covers races 6 through 15 on the Palm Beach matinee card. Entry forms will be available at noon on Thursday at the Players Lounge Desk. The entry deadline for the third round is 1:15PM on Saturday.
Good luck to all and thank you to the Palm Beach for co-sponsoring this contest and providing hats to all participants.
SHACKLEFORD WINS CLARK HANDICAP IN FINAL RACE
Click here to watch Shackleford go out in style with a wire to wire performance in winning the 138th running of the Clark Handicap last Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Louisiana Champions Day from the Fair Grounds is Saturday December 8.
Santa Anita opens Wednesday December 26.
It is never too early to start thinking about the Kentucky Derby. Eligibility for the 2013 Kentucky Derby is based upon a point system this time instead of earnings.
Basically there are three tiers of prep races with the points per race increasing in each tier.
The first tier of races are grouped in the 2013 Road to the Kentucky Derby. The next race in this tier is the Cashcall Futurity at Betfair Hollywood on Saturday December 15.
The next tier is the Kentucky Derby Championship Series –First Leg. The final tier is the Kentucky Derby Championship Series—Second Leg.
Click here for a list of all prep races by tier and associated point values.
AQUEDUCT – 2012 FALL
- November 2 to December 31 (39 days)
- Racing 5
days per week --- Wednesday through Sunday (except racing on December 31 and no
racing from December 17 to December 25)
Post Time @ 11:20AM (except 11:30AM and 11:15AM on Breeders Cup Friday and
Saturday, 10:25AM on Thanksgiving and 11:00AM on Friday and Saturday November
23 and 24)
Guaranteed Late 50 cent Pick 4 every Saturday
- 21 stakes
races worth $3.2 million
November 11 --- New York Stallion Series
November 24 ---$350,000 Gazelle Stakes (GI) and $350,000 Cigar Mile (GI)
- Click here for a complete stakes schedule
- Aqueduct 2013
Winter/ Spring Meet begins on January 1 and continues through April 25
- November 8 to December 16 (24 days)
Thursday to Sunday
- Post time — 2:30 PM daily (Houston time) except 1:00 PM on Thanksgiving Thursday.
- 50 cent pick 4, pick 5 and super hi five
- 18 stakes races worth $3.95 million
- Grade I races include $250,000 the Matriarch on Sunday November 25, the $250,000 Hollywood Derby on Sunday November 25, the $500,000 Hollywood Starlet on Saturday December 8, and the $750,000 Cashcall Futurity on Saturday December 15.
- Click here for complete stakes schedule.
FAIR GROUNDS – 141ST THOROUGHBRED MEETING
- November 22, 2012 to March 31, 2013
- Thursday through Sunday until January 19, then Wednesday through Sunday with special programs on
Monday December 31, Monday January 21, and Tuesday February 12
- Post Times --- 12:40PM daily except 11:00AM on Thanksgiving; 5:00PM on Fridays January 18, February 1, February 22, March 1, March 8, and March 15; and 2:00PM on Saturday March 30.
- 56 stakes races (10 graded) worth $7.4 million
- Saturday December 8 ---Louisiana Champions Day
- Saturday January 19 --- Road to the Kentucky Derby Kickoff Day (includes $200,000 Leconte Stakes)
- Saturday February 23 --- Louisiana Derby Preview Day (6 stakes races including $400,000 Risen Star Stakes)
- Saturday March 30 --- Louisiana Derby Day --- (Includes $1,000,000 Louisiana Derby, $500,000 Fair Grounds Oaks,
$400,000 New Orleans Handicap, and $400,000 Mervin Muniz Memorial Handicap) 50 cent minimum on all trifecta, Pick 3, Super Hi 5, Pick 4 and Black Gold 5 wagers
Click here for calendar
Click here for complete stakes schedule
- Saturday December 1 to Friday April 5
- Wednesday through Sunday (except racing on Tuesday January 1, Monday January 21, and
Monday February 18; and dark on Wednesday January 2, January 23, and February 20)
- Post Time --- 11:45AM daily (Houston time)
- New Guaranteed 10 cent Pick 7 with mandatory payout
- 61 stakes races (33 graded) worth $10.1 million and Claiming Crown Championships worth $850,000
- Saturday December 1 --- $850,000 Claiming Crown Championship Day
- Saturday January 19 --- Florida Sunshine Millions Day
- Saturday January 26 --- $400,000 Holy Bull Stakes (GII) (Road to the 2013 Kentucky Derby)
- Saturday February 9 --- $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap Stakes (GI), and $500,000
Donn Handicap Stakes (GI)
- Saturday February 23 --- $250,000 Davonna Dale Stakes (GII) and $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (GI) (Kentucky Derby Championship Series- First Leg)
- Saturday March 30 --- $1,000,000 Florida Derby (GI) (Kentucky Derby Championship Series- Second Leg)
Click here for completer stakes schedule.
Click here for a racing calendar.
- Saturday December 1, 2012 to Sunday May 5, 2913 – 91 Days
- Post Time --- 11:25AM daily (except 11:00AM on Saturday March 8 and Saturday May 4)
- Racing on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday through January 20 (except dark on Sunday
December 9 and 16); then Wednesday to Sunday through February 28; and then Wednesday, Friday,
Saturday and Sunday through end of meet.
- 25 stakes races including the $250,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes (GIII) (2013 Road to the Kentucky Derby)
on Saturday January 9, and the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (GII) (Kentucky Derby Championship Series—First leg) on Saturday February 23
Click here for complete stakes schedule.
Click here for calendar.
Click here for wagering menu.